Tyrone Community Players, INC.
P.O. Box 209
Tyrone, PA 16686-0209
Phone: 814 684-ART2 (2782)
Bingo-The Winning Musical
Our next show - Curtains
A Musical Comedy "WhoDoneIt" Show Within a Show By The Creators of "CABARET" and "CHICAGO". The Tony Award Winning Team of Kander and Ebb, in Their Final Creation and With Book By Ruper Holmes (Creator of "The Mystery of Edwin Drood"), Bring Back The Look and Feel of Great stage Shows From Bygone Eras.
"A bad night in the theatre can be a nightmare. But, when opening night ends with your star pushing up daisies, it takes a gumshoe with moxie - and a good sense of stagecraft - to crack the case."
Directed By: Cindy Bennett
Music Direction By: Darcy Wilson
Stage Manager: Nancy Sloss
Choreographer: Emily Decker
The cast will include 7 men and 6 women with a flexible chorus
- Lt. Frank Cioffi - Local Boston detective is also a musical theater officianado. He is exceptionally good at his job and aspires to be a musical theater performer.
- Niki Harris - Pretty, naive ingenue. Niki is a chorus girl/understudy. She aspires to make it as a performer on Broadway. Legit Soprano with good comic timing.
- Georgia Hendricks - Female half of the songwriting team. Takes on the leading lady role. Must sing and dance well. Mezzo/Legit Soprano
- Carmen Bernstein - Brassy Broadway producer. Good comedic actress who can sing (belt) well.
- Aaron Fox - The composer of the show-within-a-show. His songwriting partner, Georgia, is his estranged wife. He's a sexy, charming ladies man. Tenor
- Sidney Bernstein - The producer of an out of town flop. He is tough and self serving. Good comedic timing.
- Christopher Belling - English director. Very campy. Very funny. Requires a good comic lead actor.
- Bambi Bernet - Performer in the chorus and daughter of Carmen. Very hungry to work her way up to a lead performer. Good dancer/comediene who can sing well.
- Daryl Grady - A theater critic for the local Boston newspaper. He enjoys using the power of the press.
- J. Harmon - The Stage Manager. J. is a character who is gruff but lovable. He keeps the company in line.
- Oscar Shapiro - The general manager. An agreeable if slightly gruff person. Comic actor who sings.
- Bobby Pepper - The choreographer and lead dancer. He is a strong singer who dances well.
- Jessica Cranshaw - Fading Hollywood star. A diva who has no right to be one. A terrible singer and actress who gets murdered on opening night.
- A Flexible chorus - of named actors/actresses with some speaking and solo vocal lines.
- Auditions: Sunday and Monday, January 4th and 5th, 2015 at 7:00 PM
- Show Dates: March 21st and 22nd, 2015
The Farnsdale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Murder Mystery
- Auditions: Sunday and Monday, April 12th and 13th, 2015 at 7:00 PM
- Show Dates: June 12th and 13th, 2015
Landmark Downtown Building To Recieve New Lease On Life
For the past six years the Tyrone Community Players have called the big, brick building at 1019 Logan Avenue their home. It has been used as a rehearsal hall for their theater productions, a history spanning 2.8 seasons, a storage space for their extensive costume collection, a meeting hall and home for the groups props, decor items, lighting fixtures and all the sound equipment required to "do" theater. Read More...
The Tyrone Community Players is looking for some items to help with renovating The Building
- Remnants of Carpet for our new dressing rooms (between 5'x7' and 9'x12' - color irrelevant)
- Two free-standing clothing racks (don't have to be industrial strength)
- Two sets of wall-mounted strip lighting (like bathroom lighting) with 3-5 bulbs on each fixture (They don't have to match but it would be good if they did)
- Muscles for a few demolition projects (Call 684-ART2 to add your name and contact info to our list)
- Several full-length mirrors
- Two small utility sinks
Anyone wishing to donate any of these items on our Wish List can contact the ARTs Line at 814 684-ART2 (2782)
TCP Patron Drive
We love entertaining you and we want to continue.
We would like to thank you for your continual support of TCP. We have made strides over that last year in containing our cost, while still offering Quality Theater to the community. It is our hope that by reaching out to our public to inform and ask for your support and understanding that we all can continue to enjoy theatre in Tyrone for many seasons to come. Read More...